Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:00 am Post subject: WAH KUIH (CHINESE RICE BOWL PUDDING)
|WAH KUIH (CHINESE RICE BOWL PUDDING)
Recipe by Gina Choong
300g rice flour
50g wheat starch (澄面)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1.5 litres hot water
6 tbsp chopped preserved radish (chai por 罗卜干)
5 dried mushrooms, soaked and thinly sliced
1 tbsp dried shrimps
100g Chinese sausage, chopped
1. In a large mixing bowl, place rice flour, wheat starch, salt and pepper together. Pour in hot water and mix until well blended and smooth.
2. Pour pudding mixture into small bowls, about three-quarters full.
3. Steam pudding over high heat for 25 minutes.
4. In the meantime, fry preserved radish, mushrooms, dried shrimps and chopped Chinese sausages together until fragrant. Toss to mix.
5. Place spoonfuls of topping on top of steamed rice puddings. Return to steam for another five minutes.
6. Serve with garnish of fried shallots, chopped spring onions and freshly cut chilli.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1