Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:59 am Post subject: Vegetarian Laksa Cookies(rec n pic)
|Vegetarian Laksa cookies
Recipe By Gina Choong
150g Plain flour
50g vegetarian laksa paste* see recipe below
1 tbsp fine sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
50g laksa leaves, chopped finely
1. Rub butter into flour until it resembles bread crumbs.
2. Add sugar, laksa paste and beaten egg and knead till it forms a dough.
3. Flour the table and roll out the dough. Sprinkle chopped laksa leaves on top of the dough, then use cookie cutters to cut out your preferred shapes.
4. Place cookies on a paper-lined baking tray and bake in pre-heated 180 deg C oven for 15 minutes. Cool completely before storing in air-tight containers.
Ingredients for 150g paste:
10 red chillies
5 chilli padi
5 candlenuts (substitute for macadamia)
1 tbsp vegetarian belacan (or use sea salt)
3 cm young ginger
1 pc torch ginger blossom(we locally call it rojak flowers)
5 cm piece galangal
2 stalks lemon grass
30ml corn oil for frying
1. Blend all ingredients except lemon grass.
2. Fry paste and lemon grass in a wok over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes until fragrant.
3. Allow to cool completely.
You can substitute vegetarian belacan with sea salt if you are unable to find it.
You can store the paste in the freezer for up to 3 months.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1