Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
What is the difference between All the Gels?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Cake Decorations 101
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawnsnear
lurker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: What is the difference between All the Gels? Reply with quote

Hi, I was at PH and saw so many different types of gels. There is Mirror gel, Piping Gel, Glazing gel and I can't remember the rest.

Does anyone know the difference between these gels and their usage?

If I want to use for glazing fruits, which do I use?

I have seen some bakery selling beautifully glazed fruit cakes and also others where the fruits looks dried up despite the glaze. I suspect it's the glaze. Could you give me your view on this? Thanks
Alannia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I know is that they usually use apricot jam. They heat up some apricot jam with a little water so that it's more liquid (like syrup). When it's cooled, brush it over the fruits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Cake Decorations 101 All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: