Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:32 am Post subject: Caramel Crunch Cookies(rec n pic)
I wanted to try the Jupe Caramel paste in a cookie. I was supposed to mix it all up and baked it soon after but had to rush as usual. So I rolled the dough into a long tube and kept it wrapped up with baking parchment paper and had it freezed.
Found time today to slice and bake..it was light and crunchy and good to munch.
Makes 3 tubs(based on how thin you slice each cookie)
150g light brown sugar
2.5 tbsp Jupe Caramel Paste
300g Top flour
80g Rice flour
100g ground Almonds(lightly roasted)
1. Melt butter with sugar in a microwave safe bowl.*
* if not, heat it in a sauce pot, stir to prevent burning. When its melted, turn off fire.
2. Add caramel paste, almond ground and flour mix.
3. Stir till it gathers into a smooth dough.
4. Divide the dough into 4 parts. Roll into a baking parchment paper and chill the dough in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
5. Preheat oven at 180C.
6. Roll out, cut into thins and place on the baking tray.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 mins.
8. Remove cookies to cool on wire rack, then keep in air tight containers.
If you are allergic to nuts, omit it and replace with more rice flour.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1