Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:20 pm Post subject: Molasses Cake(rec n pic)
100 g butter (salted)
1 cup self raising flour
180 g molasses
3 tbsp Horlicks
3 tbsp Nestum cereal
1 tsp vanilla essence
Filling in the centre:
200 g Cream Cheese
3 tbsp Light Sour Cream
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. Cream butter with molasses, horlicks and nestum.
2. Add beaten egg.
3. Add sifted flour and fold in till its mixed evenly.
4. Pour batter into the cake and bake in preheated oven 180 C for 25 mins.
5. Remove cake from pan, cool completely.
6. Mixed cream cheese mixture.
7. Sliced the cake into half.
8. Spread cream cheese mix on top. Pile the 2nd half of the cake on top of cheese filling.
9. Sprinkle icing powder on the top by using a sieve.
Cake can be chilled and eaten later.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1