Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:33 pm Post subject: Mocha Mousse for Mocha Sponge cake(rec n pic)
|The recipe for the base cake is already posted :
But this time I top it with Mocha Mousse. Here's my tried and tested recipe.
This is the original Pastarom Mocha Paste jar.
Enough to cover a 9 inch cake with 2 inch height
250ml Thickened Cream(at least 35% Fat)
3 tbsp Mocha paste(Pastarom)
4 tbsp icing sugar
1. Add all the ingredients into a mixer bowl and use a balloon whisk to whip till it peaks.
2. Store it in the chiller for at least 2 hours before using.
3. When the cake is baked and completely cooled, pipe or simply covered it with the Mocha Mousse topping.
4. Sprinkle with Valrhona Cocoa powder on top or mini silver dragees.
5. Chill the cake before serving.
The leftover Mousse can be piped straight onto hot Coffee without sugar or cream. The mousse will melt when its in contact with hot coffee and will sweeten the coffee.
Keep well, chilled for upto 3 days.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1