Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:57 am Post subject: Cream of Broccoli (rec n pic)
|After having tomato soup, we went crazy with creamy soup. So I made Broccoli soup..it was so good that Natasha had this for breakfast before going for her exams..fulfilling dish.
Yields 8 bowls
500g fresh broccoli
600ml Cooking cream(or Pouring Cream)
salt to taste
2 tbsp butter(salted)
2 tbsp plain flour
Method for Roux
1. Melt butter over the stove or just MW it on high for 30 secs.
2. add in flour and whisk till it forms into a frosting like texture.
Method for Soup
1. Heat up a casserole with water. Add broccoli in to blanch for 1 min.
2. Drained immediately and soak in cool tap water.
3. Again, drained from the tap water, blend/puree it with 300ml of cream.
4. Pour the pureed broccoli and rest of cream into the casserole to cook.
5. Once it starts to boil again, add the roux mixture and stir till it thickens.
6. Serve warm...
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1