Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:11 am Post subject: Fermented Beancurd Chicken (rec n pic)
|Another new dish created. For Father's Day 2011.
I loved this..I ate the most.
This is the Red Fermented Bean Curd I bought. It smells and tastes alot better than the glass jar versions. Got this from NTUC. Claypot jars tend to retain the flavours better than glass jars.
Serves 6 persons
20 pcs chicken wings
50g young ginger, sliced thinly
2 tbsp cooking oil(vegetable oil, any brand)
3 tbsp of Ginger sauce(* see http://forum.kitchencapers.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7259 )
2 pcs of red fermented beancurd
4 tbsp sugar
1. Mix marinate into a smooth paste and rub into chicken wings.
2. Leave it aside for 30 minutes.
3. Heat up the wok with cooking oil and add ginger shreds to saute over high heat.
4. When ginger has crisp up, remove and set aside, drain on paper towels.
5. While oil is still hot, add chicken wings and marinate sauce into the wok to stir fry for 5 mins.
6. Add water, and cover the wok. Leaving it to simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
7. Remove and serve on a plate and sprinkle ginger crisp on top
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1