Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:38 am Post subject: Pork Rib Lotus Root Soup(rec n pic)
|A soup dish which my mom cooked often for our meals.
You can use a slow cooker or thermal cooker for this.
But I just use my Corning Ware casserole pot for this.
Pork Rib Lotus Soup
Recipe by Gina Choong
2 sections lotus root
300g pork ribs
1 pc dried cuttlefish
10 dried pitted red dates
1.5 litres water
Salt to taste
1. Peel lotus root with vegetable peeler. Cut into slices, wash in water, drain, set aside.
2. Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for 5 mins, discard water, rinse in tap water.
3. Heat up soup pot with water, add semi cooked pork, and rest of the ingredients to boil.
4. Once it boils, lower heat to simmer for 40 mins or until the pork is tender.
5. Add salt to taste, serve warm.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1