Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:27 pm Post subject: Black Chicken Tonic Soup(rec n pic)
|Did this today..for the Emperor at home!
Something really easy to do. So if you have a thermal cooker, its even easier. But I don't, so I did it the old fashioned way, double boiled!
2 pcs of black chicken thighs
2 pcs of Black chicken wings
20g cordyceps(red type, shredded)
1 pc ginseng root(dang shen)
4 pcs pitted red dates
6 slices lotus root(remove the skin)
salt to taste
2 cups superior stock*
1. Put all the ingredients into the claypot.
2. Fill it up with stock. Cover the claypot.
3. Put into a large soup pot, pour tap water on the side till it half way up. Then cover the pot
4. Turn on the fire till the water boils, then lower the fire to simmer for at least 2 hours.
5. Check every half an hour to see if the water has dried up, if yes, just add more water.
6. Serve hot...good on its own. Add salt according to taste.
My mom suggested to use leftover soup stock which we often brew extra to keep.
If not, just add water or chicken stock.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1