Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:18 am Post subject: Chicken's Nest (rec n pic)
|An archived recipe with photos. Something I created some years back. A hit with friends, family. Somewhat time consuming..but taste is great.
2 pcs Boneless Chicken Thigh with skin
1 egg yolk
pinch of salt
1 tbsp cornstarch
1.5 tbsp Corn meal*grainy type.
* You can get this from Cold Storage . Under the Bob's Red Mill brand.
Ingredients for the Nest
1 large local potato
1 tbsp cornstarch
pinch of sea salt
dash of pepper
Method for the Nest
1. Peel skin of the potato and discard the skin.
2. Shred into fine shreds
4. Heat up wok with cooking oil till boiling.
5. Add metal sieve(empty) to oil to cook for a while. When you see bubbles forming around the sieve, remove it from the oil.
6. Add shredded potatoes into it and spread out till it forms a bowl.
8. Remove sieve from the oil, use a fork or knife to remove the nest from the sieve.
9. Now put the nest back to the oil to fry till its evenly cooked.
Notes for the Nest
Step 8 and 9 is only necessary if you do not have a metal sieve with a vertical handle(like mine). Thus you must remove the nest to deep fry. With mine, I cannot lower the nest or cover the nest for a full frying process.
Method for the Chicken
1. Coat chicken with the seasonings.
2. Deep fry till golden brown.
3. Remove and drain on paper towel.
How to serve
1. Put nest on a nice plate.
2. Using a pair of kitchen scissors, cut fried chicken into smaller bite sizes.
3. Put it inside the nest.
4. Garnish with shredded cucumbers and top with tomato sauce or chilly sauce or salad cream
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Last edited by Gina on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total