Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:57 pm Post subject: Pork Porridge(rec n pic)
|Something I would cook sometimes..reminds me of cold rainy days and coming home from school and my mom would cook this for us. Coming home to warmed cooked porridge is definitely comfort food to me always.
Here's a recipe I modified after spending years perfecting it...!
1 cup of jasmine rice
half cup of Japanese rice(better known as short grain rice)
200g minced pork
1.5 litres chicken stock
salt to taste
Marinate for Pork
1 tbsp sesame oil
1.5 tsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp peanut oil(if not, onion oil)
2 tbsp spring onions(chopped)
1. Wash both types of rice and leave it aside to soak in hot water. Make sure water covers the rice. Leave it aside for 30 mins.
2. Drain away water.
3. Mix minced pork with marinate for 10 mins.
4. Heat up a pot with the chicken stock.
5. Once it starts boiling, dish out the hot stock and pour over the minced pork..using a fork to stir, drain the stock into the stock pot.
6. Then scoop out hot soup and pour over the minced pork and stir again. Do this for 2 times till the pork is cooked.
7. Set aside the pork in a bowl.
8. Add washed rice and cook till soft. (about 40 to 60 mins). Add water if it dries up.
9. To serve, scoop generous amount of porridge in a bowl, add pork on top, sprinkle toasted onions, spring onions and chilli. To add an egg, make sure the porridge is very hot.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1