Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:04 am Post subject: Duck in Apple juice(rec n pic)
|It was delicious..the meat was very tender and it has a nice zing to it.
1 duck breast meat(deboned)
1 onion, sliced
1 tsp sze chuan peppercorns
1 cup Apple juice(preferably use fresh Green apples)
10g salted butter
To make strawberry sauce
200g frozen strawberries
20ml Kirsch liquor
1. Clean, deboned duck breast. Trim any excess fat under the skin.
2. Heat up the frying pan with butter, onions. Once it heated up, add szechuan peppercorns.
3. Leave it to sizzle for 2 to 3 mins.
4. Place duck breast skin down on it. Leave to sear for 3 mins over high heat.
5. Turn over and cook for about 3 mins.
6. Pour apple juice and drop a few strawberries into it.
7. Simmer over low heat for 15 mins.
8. Roast in preheated oven 220C for 10 mins to crisp the skin.
9. To cook the sauce, put strawberries in the pot to cook. when the water has melted, add sugar. Stir till melted and turn into a sauce.
10. Remove from the heat, leaving it to cool before add the Kirsch.
Slice duck breast thinly, serve with strawberry sauce on the side.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1