Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:02 am Post subject: Golden Kumquat Jelly - Revisited
|I call this revisited because I actually had a recipe here on the same thing. But the difference is I am using fresh or frozen kumquats. Not preserved and dried like plums. And this time I didn't puree it till its was too liquidy. It still had bits and pieces of it..so evident now in the photo..
Golden Kumquat Jelly
Recipe by Gina Choong
200g golden kumquat(Frozen)
1 packet of Konnyaku jelly powder(colourless/white)
2 tbsp condensed milk
100ml golden syrup(if not, go for maple syrup or honey)
1. Defroze kumquats in tap water, cut into half. And squeeze out all the seeds. Look at my pictures for reference.
2. Puree the kumquats till soft and mashy.
3. Add pureed fruits, and the rest of the ingredients into a sauce pot to cook till its sticky and thick.
4. Leave it off the stove to cool slightly. How to know if its cool enough? just dip a spoon into it and tap on your tongue..! or at least this is how I always test if its cool enough. Or else, just leave it aside for about 10 mins.
5. If you use the plastic case I have, you need to invert it in a deep bowl. By itself, the mould cannot stand properly.
6. Pour the liquid into the mould and leave the whole bowl into the fridge to set. This may take 1 to 2 hours.
7. Put the base(gold base) over the top of the case, flip over...voila! Done!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1