Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:37 pm Post subject: Kueh Ambon(rec n pic)
Ingredients for starter dough:
50 ml warm water
25 g plain flour
1 tsp instant yeast
Method to prepare the starter dough:
1. combine and leave for half an hour
5 egg yolks
80 g fine sugar
50 g gula melaka
100 g tapioca flour
170 ml thick coconut milk (from 1 coconut)
2 drops of yellow colouring
1. Boil coconut milk till it bubbles, cool and set aside.
2. Stir egg yolks and sugar till sugar dissolves,
3. Add in tapioca flour, mix well.
4. Add in the starter dough and stir well.
5. Strain mixture, cover and leave for 2 hours till surface is full of bubbles.
6. Grease an 8-inch square tin and pour in the above mixture
7. Bake in preheated oven 170C for 20 mins.
8. Switch the oven to grill and grill the ambon for 10 mins.
9. Cool and remove from tin.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1