Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:30 pm Post subject: Sambal Olek Sting Ray(rec n pic)
|I made so many sambal pastes at home and have at least a few jars of each type for different cooking. Today I use my home made sambal olek to do this.
This is not how its done outside(hawker centres)..but its the way I fix it for myself since I don't have the same kitchen tools like the hawker centres.
Ultimately, the taste is even better..controlled on salt and oil levels..YUMS!
500g Sting ray(part of a fin)
60g sambal olek(see recipe below)
juice from 2 small limes.
2 petals from torch ginger(rojak flower)
2 tbsp cooking oil
1. Heat up the griddle pan with cooking oil
2. Place sting ray fin down and fry for 5 mins.
3. Using a pair of kitchen tongs, fill/turn over and continue to pan fry for 5 mins.
4. Once it turns golden brown and crispy, add sambal sauce, sliced torch ginger flower petals.
5. Leave it to cook for about 3 minutes, turning over the fin just to coat with the sauce.
6. Serve on a plate, squeeze lime juice over it..garnish with springs onions and freshly sliced chilli.
Great with rice...!
Sambal Olek Sauce
Recipe by Gina Choong
12 pcs of dried red chilli
10 pcs fresh red chilli
2 cloves of garlic
20ml rice vinegar
1.Blend everything in a food processor.
2. Heat up the wok with cooking oil and add the paste and sugar
3. Cook over medium heat till the mixture turns dark red.
4. turn off the heat, store in the fridge.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1