Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:17 am Post subject: Cafe Latte Sugee Loaf(rec n pic)
|I modified the recipe I had on Sugee cake..mainly was to share with my muslim customers who patronize at my shop for the past 4 years..Thanking them for the support.
The original recipe uses Liquer so I tried with Coffee and Cream to replace the Bailey's Cream or Kahlua.
Beautifully done..delicious too... the next best thing to my old Bailey Cream Sugee Cake.
160 g fine sugar
120 g semolina flour
250 g butter
100 g Ground almonds powder(Roasted almonds)
60g plain flour
Cafe Latte : mix together
2 tbsp instant coffee
1 tbsp evaporated milk
1 tbsp hot water
1. Melt butter in a sauce pot. Then turn off the fire and add semolina flour.Set aside for 3 hours.
2. Separate egg yolks and whites into 2 bowls.
3. Use a mixer to beat yolks and sugar till white and creamy.
4. Using a separate mixer bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
5. Mix sugee/butter mix into egg yolk and sugar. Use a spatula to gently fold in.(do not use the cake mixer to beat!)
6. Add almond powder and Coffee Cream.
7. Fold in flour and then egg whites.
8. Pour batter into a greased pan.
9. Baked in preheated oven 180C for 25 minutes.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1