Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:09 am Post subject: Soya Bean Mooncake Jelly(rec n pic)
|This is a very versatile recipe. Which you can modify by replacing Kumquat with other kinds of fresh fruits or frozen fruits.
I have tried with Raspberry powder(freeze dried). Raspberry mooncake jelly tastes very nice. My family prefer that over the Kumquat versions.
I made this for my students to take as tea break refreshments. They like the kumquat versions.
Notice the bigger mooncake(round) jelly are Raspberry flavoured and the smaller ones are Kumquat. I guess due to lighting in the studio, it look the same..! But the Raspberry ones actually look more pinkish orange.
200g golden kumquat(Frozen)
1 packet of konnyaku jelly powder(colourless/white)
80ml honey(more if you prefer it sweeter)
900ml soya bean milk(unsweetened)
1 drop of orange food colouring
lychees(from 1 can, drain the syrup for use)
1. Puree kumquat with syrup from the can of lychees. Run it thru a sieve to pick up seeds, pulp.
2. Mix the puree with rest of the soya bean milk.
3. Add pureed fruits, and the rest of the ingredients into a sauce pot to cook till its sticky and thick.
4. Remove from heat and pour into jelly moulds till half full.
5. Drop in a couple of pieces of lychees and fill it up with remaining jelly liquid till its full.
6. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours till its firm.
7. Remove from molds, serve chilled.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1