Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:18 pm Post subject: Seafood Chowder (rec n pic)
|fail proof..! although not the authentic western style. but it works, and the family loves it. That's most important.
This is the cooking cream I use. My store sells this, I just wanted to try this. It makes the soup very creamy, smooth.
20 pcs large tiger prawns(devein, remove shells)
2 large squids(cut into rings)
20 pcs white clams
1 large brown onion, chopped
1 litre Cooking Cream(Anchor)
500ml seafood stock
salt to taste
1. Heat water in a pot and add clams, shells, heads of the prawns to boil to get a rich stock. Discard shells/heads of the prawns. Dish out the clams.
2. Set aside.
3. In a large casserole, add butter to heat. Once it melted, add chopped onions to saute till soft.
4. Add all the seafood in and stir till its cooked.
5. Add cream, seafood stock and stir till evenly mixed.
6. Add salt to taste. (I didn't add salt as I use salted butter, if you use olive oil, then you may need to add salt)
7. If you want the soup to be more thick, you may want to add a little cornstarch mixed with water, and quickly stir it in while its boiling.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1