Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:50 am Post subject: Spring Onion Shao Bing(rec n pic)
|Recipe is created for Bosch Singapore
Spring Onions Shao Bing
Recipe by Chef Gina Choong
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
500g Hong Kong Flour
250g luke warm water
100g fine sugar
1 tsp instant yeast
Ingredients B: Mixed together
1 sprig of spring onions (chopped)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
½ tsp sea salt
1. In the mixer bowl, add flour, sugar, and instant yeast.
2. Fix up the hook paddle and turn on the machine(set it at no. 3)
3. Allow it to stir to mix evenly for a minute.
4. Slowly pour in the warmed liquid and continue to knead for another 10 mins.
5. When the dough sticks to the side of the bowl, turn the machine off.
6. Remove the bowl and cover with a damp cloth and set it aside in a warm place to allow it to prove. This can take between 30 minutes to 45 mins.
7. Once its double in size, remove from the bowl and floured the table.
8. Flatten the dough and brush the spring onion mix over the top.
9. Roll it up like a swiss roll and using the roller pin, roll it flat again.
10. Using a round cutter, cut out the shapes.
11. Heat up a frying pan with a little oil and place it to fry. Once it sizzles and fluff up, flip it over. When it turns golden brown, remove from the pan.
12. Serve warmed
You can knead and keep the dough in the freezer for upto 1 month.
Just thaw and roll out, cut and fry.
To reheat the cooked Shao Bing, just zap in the microwave oven for 1 minute.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Last edited by Gina on Tue May 24, 2016 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total