Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:53 pm Post subject: American Carrot Cupcake (rec n pic)
|American Carrot Cupcakes
Recipe by Gina Choong
100g Walnuts or Pecans(lightly roasted)
200g plain flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
180ml Butter, salted (melted till liquid state)
140g brown sugar
2 eggs(medium eggs, about 55g each)
100g carrot, grated
1. Preheat oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
2. Lightly roast nuts in a pan over the stove by stir frying. Remove to cool and crush it in a ziplock bag.
3. Peel and grate the carrots, toss with roasted crushed nuts, flour and cinnamon powder.
4. Whip eggs using a hand whisk till frothy(means full of bubbles)
5. Add sugar and continue to whisk. Slowly pour in butter oil to whip till its evenly mixed.
6. Add the wet ingredients into the flour mix and stir gently till its well combined.
7. Pour or scoop batter into cupcake pans or cupcake cases/liners and baked in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
8. Remove to cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
Recipe from Martha Stewart
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1