Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:16 pm Post subject: Christmas Donuts(rec n pic)
125g butter (salted)
80g fine sugar
120g Cake flour
2 eggs (medium eggs)
50 ml milk(Full cream milk)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 drops per colour : Green, Red
1. Add butter and sugar in a mixer bowl and beat till light and creamy.
2. Add eggs, one at a time to beat and mix evenly.
3. Add milk, extract to mix.
4. Add flour to mix till it forms into a creamy batter.
5. Divide the batter into 2 equal portions.
6. Add Red colouring into one portion and Green to the other portion.
7. Stir each coloured bowl till evenly mixed.
8. Add each coloured batter into a piping bag, pipe a semi circle per colour on the donut tray.
9. Baked in preheated oven set at 180C for 10 minutes.
10. Remove to cool before taking out the donuts from the pan.
11. Twist and turn to remove the donuts from the pan.
Decorating the Donuts
100ml chocolate -- I used Valrhona 55% Equatoriale Feve (melted)
sugar decorations, dragees on a plate
1. Dip each donut into the chocolate(melted)
2. Swirl and turn when you lift up the coated donut.
3. Then dip onto the dry sugar decorations
4. Place it down on a plate with the uncoated side down.
5. Decorations depends on your creativity and the type of colours or dragees you have.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1