Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:46 pm Post subject: Chawanmushi with Enoki(rec n pic)
|Recently we had this interesting chawanmushi at a Taiwanese restaurant. It has a spoonful of Enoki mushrooms on top of the custard. So dangerous to dine outside these days with my family..always get bombarded with questions like "you know how to do this ? Can make for us to eat?"
Here is my any-how-try-to-do version. So far, family says its delicious.
Makes 6 cups(size of tea cups)
100g eggs(about 4 eggs)
100g rich chicken stock
1 packet of fresh enoki mushrooms
pinch of salt
1. Cut Enoki mushrooms into smaller bite sizes portions. I cut into 5 sections.
2. Heat up a pot of chicken stock, water with the pinch of salt and add the mushrooms to cook till soft.
3. Leave to cool completely. Dish out the mushrooms with 50g of the soup. Set aside.
4. Whip up the eggs in a bowl, add chicken stock to whip in.
5. Pour the egg mixture into cups, leave aside for it to settle.
6. Heat up steamer, place custard cups to steam over medium heat for 5 minutes.
7. Lower the heat and add gently add a spoonful of mushrooms and soup on top. Continue to steam for another 2 to 3 minutes.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1