Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:13 pm Post subject: Bacon & Cheese Chiffon Cake(rec n pic)
|here's my tried and tested recipe
Something different for a change..a Savoury Chiffon cake.
Good for a 18cm tube pan
5 egg white
90g fine sugar
5 egg yolks
80ml Sunflower Cooking oil
90g Plain flour(I use Blue Jacket's Premium Plain Flour)
50g bacon bits(pan fry for 2 to 3 mins)
50g cheddar cheese(shredded)
1. Lightly whip egg yolks(using a fork) with milk, oil together till well combined. Add flour to mix till well combined and there are no lumps.
2. Add cheese and bacon to the egg batter and give it a good stir to distribute it .
3. Whip Egg whites in a mixer bowl with a balloon whisk till frothy.
4. Add sugar and continue to whip till soft peaks.
5. Pour in egg batter and whip for 2 mins or until its well mixed.
6. Pour into tube pan, baked in Preheated oven at 170C for 45 minutes.
7. Remove from hot oven and invert to cool.
8. Sliced only when cooled..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1