Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:28 pm Post subject: Tumeric ChickPeas(rec n pic)
|I grew up loving this. Dad always buys this from the kacang putih encik. He says if you love to eat, then you must learn to cook.
After several attempts to learn to do this right, this is now by far, the best tasting ones I have made.
200g raw chickpeas
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp tumeric powder
1. Soak raw chickpeas overnight..or at least 6 hours.
2. Drain and wash till the water runs clear again.
3. Mix 500ml water with salt and tumeric powder till it turns orange
4. Pour into a slow cooker pot with the washed chickpeas and leave it to simmer over low heat for 4 hours.
5. Drain and discard tumeric water.
6. Serve on its own. Best to eat this within a day or 2.
If you want to keep it longer, please keep this in the fridge. It goes slimy/bad in our warm climate.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1