Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:21 am Post subject: Salted Caramel Chiffon Cake(rec n pic)
|The cake is moist, had bits of caramel chips. Its very soft. So it may sink a little. But its made without chemicals like sponge gel/cream of tartar or Ovalette. Alot more healthy for my family.
Remove from the tube pan.
Good for a Tube Pan that is 21 cm in diameter.
Notes : I used eggs that are 55g.
10 egg white
80g fine sugar
10 egg yolks
200ml dairy whipping cream
50g caramel chips
1/4 tsp of sea salt flakes(I use Maldon Sea Salt)
80g cake flour
20g caramel chips(set aside)
1. Heat up a sauce pot and add cream and chips. Stir till its melted and add salt to stir in. Turn off fire and leave aside to cool.
2. Lightly whisk egg yolks and add salted caramel sauce and stir till evenly mixed.
3. Add flour to whisk in till well mixed.
4. Whip Egg whites in a mixer bowl with a balloon whisk till frothy.
5. Add sugar and continue to whip till stiff peaks.
6. Pour in caramel batter and whip for 2 mins or until its well mixed. Add remaining caramel chips and lightly whisk it in to distribute evenly.
7. Pour into tube pan, baked in Preheated oven at 170C for 45 minutes.
8. Remove from hot oven and invert to cool.
9. Sliced only when cooled.
This is my 'cheated' way to make Salted Caramel. Basically I just wanted to use it for this Chiffon cake recipe which had milk in it. So I melted some caramel chips which my KC store sells.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1