Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:39 pm Post subject: Kue Lupis 2 (rec n pic)
|a Remake of the old recipe I shared here
What is different now is that I didn't use Banana leaves to wrap and I steamed the rice with pandan juice.
Mainly because I couldn't get Banana leaves from the market at the time I was making these so I have to improvise. And I found another way to make this dessert minus all the fuss.
Plus, this time I didn't microwave it.
300g of Glutinous Rice
2 cups of water
8 pcs Pandan Leaves
1 block Gula Melaka
1 cup grated coconut(without the brown skin)
pinch of salt
How to prepare the grated coconut
1. Place the grated coconut on a dish.
2. Sprinkle salt over it.
3. Steam in medium heat for 3 to 5 mins.
4. Remove from heat, toss to mix again.
*salt is use to prevent the coconut from going sour.
1. Wash rice and drain.
2. Blend leaves with 50ml of water to get pandan juice.
3. Sieve out and discard blended leaves.
4. Mixed juice with rest of water and add to the rice to soak for at least 3 hours.
5. Steamed over high heat for 25 minutes(with the pandan juice)
6. Remove to cool completely. (I had this chilled overnight in the fridge)
7. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out into a ball, then flatten it with a spoon..
8. Serve on a plate and drizzle gula melaka syrup over it and scatter a generous amount of grated coconut.
How to prepare syrup
1. Melt gula melaka in a sauce pot with 2 to 3 tbsp of water.
2. Stir to prevent burning.
3. Once its melted, remove from heat to cool.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1