Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:50 am Post subject: Roasted Honey Plum Pork(rec n pic)
|Each year, I have to make this for my mom. And each year, i keep forgetting what I had to do. This year I have reduced this recipe down to just 3 basic ingredients
Here's my most updated recipe
1 kg pork belly(trim off fatty skin)
200g Plum Sauce(I used Lee Kum Kee's brand)
1. In a sauce pot, add water and plum sauce to boil till very hot(bubbly).
2. Place pork belly in a deep dish(casserole)
3. Pour boiling hot sauce over it.
4. Cool before covering the dish, leave it in the chiller for at least 24 hours.
5. Preheat oven set at 220C with a tray of water.
6. Roast the pork with the casserole dish of sauce in the oven for 1.5 hours.
7. When the water in the tray has evaporated, roast for another 25 mins till the fats have browned nicely.
8. Remove and slice and pour the remaining sauce on it.
To reheat, just set it to toaster oven for 4 to 5 mins. Do not Microwave or the meat becomes dry and hard.
You can eat this like char siew with noodles or served with rice.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1