Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:09 am Post subject: Curry Spiced Baguette (rec n pic)
|Just out of the oven
This special flour gives the baguette a nice crust on the outside, the texture inside is very soft. This is only available at my shops.
This baguette tray I use is a product from Stadter Germany. Also from my stores. Its non stick, and so easy to clean, use. it can be baked directly in the oven too.
500 g Taiwan's Blue Jacket Baguette flour
370 ml water
1.5 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
80g castor sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
1 bsp curry powder
1. Mix sifted curry powder, flour, yeast, salt, castor sugar into the Mixer bowl(kitchenAid)
2. Turn the dial to no. 1 and slowly pour in the water.
3. Let the mixer knead the dough for 30 mins.
4. Add olive oil and knead for another 5 mins till evenly mixed.
5. Stop the mixer. Remove the dough and place in a greased bowl.
6. Cover with a wet cloth and place in a warm place to let it double in size.(about 60 mins or 1 hours).
7. Divide the dough into 3 portions, roll up to form the shape of a bagette and let it rest on the baguette tray.
8. Cover with a damp cloth and leave it to prove for another 30 mins.
9. Bake in preheated oven 200C for 25 mins.
10. Remove and cool completely before slicing and serving.
Good for upto 3 days. Serve with curries.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1