Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:38 pm Post subject: Lotus Leaf Chicken (rec n pic)
|Actually I have no idea how to name this dish. Wanted to try something different for Pa. Everyday I seems to be deep frying chicken for him.
Here's my very elaborate way of cooking it.
1 pc dried lotus leaf(soften in hot water, drained)
1 whole Chicken, washed, cleaned
5 pcs King oyster mushrooms(fresh)
4 tbsp Oyster sauce(I used the Korean type)
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp Fish sauce
potato starch mix with water to make the gravy
1. Marinate chicken with the sauce.
2. Stuff the mushrooms into the cavity of the chicken
3. Put a large baking parchment paper on top of an aluminium foil.
4. Place the soften lotus leaf on top of the paper
5. Put the chicken in the centre of the leaf.
6. Wrap it up with leaf, then paper and then foil.
7. Steam at high heat for 30 mintues.
8. Remove and cut into smaller pieces.
9. Drain the sauce/juices from the foil paper and cook over the stove.
10. Add starch to thicken it and pour over the chicken.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1