Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:02 am Post subject: Spicy Fish Steaks(rec n pic)
|Simple and easy to whip up, as long as you have some ready made sauces at home.
3 slices of fish steaks with bone(I use Grouper fish)
1 tbsp sesame oil
potato starch(enough to coat the fish)
1.5 tbsp sambal chilli (see recipe below)
1 tbsp Chincalok sauce(I use Top Gourmet's)
1 tbsp sugar
1. Marinate fish with sesame oil and coat it with potato starch.
2. Heat up the frying pan with cooking oil. Place fish steak and pan fry for 10 mins, flip over every 2 to 3 mins.
3. Remove and drain. Keep the oil.
4. Using the same pan, add sauce to cook till bubbling.
5. Pour hot sauce over fish and serve warm with rice.
Sambal Chilli Sauce
Recipe by Gina Choong
12 pcs of dried red chilli
10 pcs fresh red chilli
2 cloves of garlic
5 pcs of shallots(small red onions)
1 tsp belachan
1 tsp salt
1.Blend everything in a food processor.
2. Heat up the wok with cooking oil and add the paste and sugar
3. Cook over medium heat till the mixture turns dark red.
4. turn off the heat, store in the fridge.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1