Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:00 am Post subject: Hainanese Chicken RICE(rec n pic)
Recipe yields for 6 persons
4 cups of rice(washed, cleaned, drained)
1.5 tsp salt
1 tbsp sliced young ginger
10 pcs pandan leaves
1 piece of chicken fat*
1. In a wok, chicken fat to heat. Slow fry till oil is released, discard the burnt fat.
2. Add sliced ginger to stir fry till fragant.
3. Add washed rice and stir fry for 5 mins.
4. Add fried rice, ginger, into the rice cooker pot.
5. Add pandan leaves, salt and chicken stock(from cooking the hainanese chicken).
Stock to put : based on measurements of rice cooker.
6. Once cooked,remove and toss rice to fluff up.
7. Serve immediately.
*chicken fat is usually found near the butt area, under the skin of the chicken.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1