Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:04 am Post subject: Lemon Cupcakes with Ice Cream(rec n pic)
Using the Stadter's Chocolate Marshmellow Tray..I don't know why they call it a marshmellow tray..
Cooled, removed from tray
Baking in progress..
Makes 12 cupcakes
100g Plain flour (I use the Blue Jacket Plain Flour)
zest from 1 lemon
40ml fresh milk
60ml sunflower oil
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
80g fine sugar
1. Beat egg yolks until creamy. Add milk, lemon zest and lightly beat till its well combined.
2. Fold in flour with egg yolk batter till its evenly mixed leaving no traces of flour.
3. Whip egg whites till foamy and add sugar to whip until soft peak.
4. Mix the 2 batters together until its well combined.
5. Pour into cake pan.
6. Bake at preheated oven 170 deg C for 25 mins. Remove to cool before removing from pan.
Vanilla Ice Cream
500g Dairy Whipping Cream
50g icing sugar
1 tbsp Vanilla Bean Paste(I use Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Bean Paste)
1. Add all the ingredients into the mixer bowl and whip till stiff peaks.
2. Leave it in the fridge to chill before using.
12 pcs of pitted cherry(from canned)
2 tbsp Elderberry Extract
1. Put these 2 ingredients into a small bowl and let it sit for 1 hour.
Method to Assemble
1. Put ice cream into piping bags with a star nozzle and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes. Piped onto the round surface.
2. Top with a cherry that is glazed with Elderberry paste.
3. Drizzle a tablespoon of elderberry paste over the top of the cherry for it to flow down the cream.
4. Freeze for 2 to 3 hours then serve cold..!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1