Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:57 am Post subject: Shanghainese Rice Cake Soup(rec n pic)
|We loved this..once in a while, I will cook it.
How the pack of rice cake looks like:
1000 ml rich chicken stock
4 chicken thighs
1 inch ginger
1 packet of Fujian Rice Cake
1 bunch of fresh lettuce(cut into small pieces)
50g bean sprouts(blanch to cook it)
3 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp Fish Sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1. Soak rice cake in water for boiling hot water with 1 tbsp of onion oil for 2 hours.
2. Rinse and drain.
3. Boil water in a pot, add ginger. Once it starts boiling, add chicken to cook, simmer over low heat for 10 mins. Turn off the fire, close the cover and let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. Remove chicken to cool and rub it with seasoning.
5. Cut into smaller pieces.
6. Re boil chicken stock and add soften rice cake in to cook for 10 minutes.
7. Once it starts boiling, add salt to taste.
Scoop generous amount of rice cake into a bowl and garnish with chicken, fried onions, bean sprouts and lettuce.
Serve hot with a dash of ground pepper or cut red chilli.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1