Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:03 pm Post subject: Mango Prawn Cocktail (rec n pic)
I learnt to make this some years ago while working as a food consultant in a F & B Consulting firm. I learnt from Chef Wai Keong(who works as Sous Chef at Singapore Polo Club) on how to make the nicest salad cream that is out of this world.
1 kg grey prawns
2 honey mangoes(skinned, deseeded and diced)
100ml ice cream soda(or any flavored aerated drink)
100g diced mangoes
1. Put prawns in a large bowl.
2. Pour boiling water over it.
3. Stir for a while and leave it aside for 5 mins or until it turns pink.
4. Drain and flush it with tap water
5. Pour ice and icy cold water on it. Leave it aside for 10 mins.
6. Peel prawns and sliced into half. Devein and drain excess water. Chill it for 30 minutes.
7. Whip mayo with soda water till evenly mixed.
8. Add diced mangoes.
Stack/arrange prawns on top of diced mangoes.
Scoop cream sauce over it.
You must use fresh sea prawns for this. Not farmed prawns or what is known as Kelong prawns.
Best to use grey prawns as the meat is more tender than black tiger prawns.
You can prepare this ahead of time and serve just before a party starts.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1