Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:43 am Post subject: Quiche Lorraine(rec n pic)
Makes 6 Tarts
Ingredients Short Crust Pastry dough:
600 g Plain flour
120 ml milk(UHT milk)
300 g butter(salted)
Ingredients custard base:
375 ml milk(I used UHT milk)
300 ml Thickened cream
2 medium red onions(chopped)
30 g butter
1 cup Chedder Cheese(shredded)
200 g Pork Ham or chicken ham(cut into squares)
1 egg yolk(to glaze)
Method for Pastry dough:
1. Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
2. Rub butter in till it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add milk slowly and mix till it forms into a smooth dough.
4. Leave in the fridge to stand for 20 mins.
Method for custard base:
1. Mix milk, egg and cream together.
2. Use a hand whisk to beat the egg till its fused with the milk and cream.
3. Set aside.
4. Saute onions in butter till cooked. Set aside to cool.
Method to bake pastry dough:
1. Roll out pastry dough and cut out a round shape.
2. put the dough in a disposal aluminium cup.
3. Glaze empty pastry dough with egg yolk.(see pic above)
4. Bake in preheated oven 170C for 10 mins.
5. Remove, set aside.
Method to put everything together:
1. Pour custard in the pastry: 50% full.
2. Add 1 tsp saute onions, bacon bits and chedder cheese.
3. Pour more custard to fill up.
4. Bake in preheated oven 170C for 15 mins
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1