Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:44 am Post subject: Pork Chop Strips(rec n pic)
I did this without any idea if it works or not. Thankfully, it works. Everyone loved it.
the extra kick came from this Thai Pineapple Chilli Sauce which I bought from Johor Bahru, Malaysia. I guess without it, you can have this with Mayo, ketchup or plain old Maggi Chilli sauce.
300g Pork Shoulder Butt(commonly known as Twee Bak)
1 tbsp of Kewpie sesame seed sauce
1.5 tbsp corn starch
50g or more Japanese Bread Crumbs(Panko)
1. Slice pork into thin strips(you can cut into chunks too)
2. In a bowl add pork, sesame sauce to mix and marinate for 10 mins.
3. Add cornstarch and mix . This helps to seal in the sauce to the meat
4. Heat up wok with cooking oil till hot.
5. Coat pork with breadcrumbs and deep fry till golden brown.
6. Dish out, drain and serve on a plate, drizzle over the Thai Pineapple Chilli Sauce.*
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1