Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:01 pm Post subject: Japanese Pumpkin Butter Cakes(rec n pic)
|This is so light, soft that you won't believe its a BUTTER CAKE!
I love the Blue Jacket's Premium Cake Flour on all my cakes. The texture is smooth, very light and gone a little moist the next day when I left the cakes out on the table.
The subtle flavour of Japanese Pumpkins lingers on your mouth...!
I gotten some really interesting Silicone molds and I wanted to try it out with this cake. It pops right out once cooled..so much so my baby dino broke its neck. Nonetheless, its still yummy
Same recipe, different mould
Makes 6 Baby Dinos and 16 Mini Spirals
200g Butter(salted, I used Elle et Vire Butter)
150g Fine sugar
25g Japanese Pumpkin Powder
220g Cake Flour(Blue Jacket Premium Cake Flour)
1. Put butter, sugar in a mixer bowl. Leave it out till the butter has soften.
2. Add pumpkin powder on top and whisk at high speed for 5 minutes.
On my KA mixer, I set it to Speed 4.
3. Add eggs and continue to whisk at high speed until batter looks like buttercream.
4. Turn off the mixer, add flour and fold in till its evenly mixed.
5. Put the batter in a large piping bag and pipe into the molds.
*Don't kill yourself if the top looks untidy ..look at mine!
After baking, it flattens out by itself.
6. Baked in preheated oven set at 195C and baked for 25 minutes.
Remove to cool before unmoulding. Once cooled, the cakes fall off the mould easily without much handling.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1