Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:47 am Post subject: Yuzu Cookies
|This cookie dough must be chilled in the fridge so its a bit firm for use with a cookie cutter. You can use any cookie cutter you like.
Makes 40 Cut out cookies
180g butter(salted), softened
120g fine sugar
1 tsp Yuzu Powder
250g Cake flour(I used Blue Jacket Premium Cake Flour)
This is the Yuzu Powder we sell in our stores. Its basically the zest of a real Japanese Yuzu fruit. Its very fragrant and you use only a little each time
1. Mix butter and sugar till it combines. Add egg and stir till well mixed.
2. Add yuzu powder and fold in flour
3. Mix into a soft dough. Leave it in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. Remove from fridge, roll out dough to 3mm thickness.
5. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutter.
6. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 15 minutes. Remove to cool completely before icing.
Using a baking paper to line the table eliminates excess use of flour. So the cookie wont be hard after baking.
Lining the tray with baking tray makes it easier to pick up all the cookies from the hot tray after baking.
If you are using a stamp/imprint for your cookies, best to cut the dough and place on the baking tray(lined with baking tray). Then Press the imprint on the tray.
Don't press too hard or it will cut the cookie.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1