Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:15 pm Post subject: Rum & Raisin Pound Cake
250g salted butter(soften in room temperature)
180g fine sugar
4 eggs(about 60 g each minus the shell)
240g Plain Flour(I use Blue Jacket's Premium Plain Flour)
100g Rum-soaked Raisins*
1. Whip soften butter with sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs to continue to whip till it turns buttercream stage.
2. Add in raisins and continue to whisk for a minute at low speed till its evenly mixed.
3. Add in flour, turn mixer to low speed to whisk till well combined.
4. Pour into desired shaped cake tin and baked in preheated oven 180C for 45 to 50 minutes.
5. Remove to cool completely. Drizzle a shot of Rum over the top and leave it to sit outside for a day or 2.
6. Cut and serve...!
Ingredients to Soak Raisins in Rum
500g Dried Raisins
600g Rum gel(which is sold at KC Stores)*
* you can use Rum liquor which you can get from Wine cellar shops.
1. In a clean glass jar, add in raisins, Rum gel and stir to mix.
2. Cover the top, air tight and leave it away from sunlight for 2 weeks or more.
3. To use, just scoop and drain desired amounts.
4. The liquid can be reuse for baking or to be drizzle over the cooled cake.
This stores indefinitely without refrigeration. I left my glass jar in my wine cabinet.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1