Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:30 am Post subject: Salted Yolk Crabs
Ma loves crabs. This year our 27th Wedding Anniversary, we decided to buy LIVE Sri Lankan Crabs from the market to cook and savour it with Ma.
This is my any-how recipe. It works..and so addictive although not very healthy. Once in a while, its FINE!
6 LIVE Sri Lankan Crabs
6 salted egg yolks(discard the egg white)
1. Kill the crabs only when you are ready to cook and serve.
Do not ask the seafood stall owner to kill the crabs for you. Crabs must be killed on the spot and cook within minutes.
2. Wash and brush the crab pieces with an old toothbrush.
3. Set aside
Go to this link to see how I kill crabs.
4. Steam the yolks for 10 minutes till its cooked. Remove and mash it with a fork.
5. Heat up wok with butter and add mashed salted yolks, stir till foams.
6. Add crab pieces in and stir fry till cooked. The shell will turn orange, the flesh will turn white.
7. Serve hot.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1