Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:38 am Post subject: Twice cooked pork
回鍋肉 or Twice Cooked Pork, Ma told me about this dish some years back. Googled and saw on TV there seems to have many ways of cooking this. So I decided to cook it in a way that Ma would love it.
Note that this is not the authentic version. just a version Ma would expected it to suit her tastes.
1 kg Prime pork ribs(get the butcher to chop into smaller chunks)
bunch of spring onions, cut into longer strips.
cooking oil for deep frying
Marinate for Pork
1.5 tsp 5 Spiced powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp corn starch
3 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
a splash of XO Brandy(about 20ml plus or minus)
1 tbsp sugar
1. Marinate pork ribs with marinating sauce. Leave it aside for 20 minutes.
2. Heat up wok with oil and add pork ribs to deep fry till golden brown.
3. Remove, drained. Set aside.
4. Heat up wok again with 1 tsp of cooking oil, add Special sauce in to cook till it bubbles, add pork ribs to stir fry till evenly mixed.
5. Lastly add spring onions and give it a good stir.
Serve warm with rice..!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1