Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:28 pm Post subject: Green Bean Wholemeal Bread
|Cooled, then sliced. this photo was taken 3 days after its baked. It remains soft..!
Just out of the oven.
It was so good that I ate 3 buns at dinner time and omitted my regular dinner plans.
400g Wholemeal Flour(I used Blue Jacket's Premium Wholemeal Flour)
100g Bread Flour (I used Blue Jacket's Premium Bread Flour)
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp cooked green beans(*remove the beans from the cooked dessert)
260ml luke green bean soup dessert
1 tsp instant yeast (about 7g)
3 tbsp sugar
60ml Sunflower Oil (I used Naturel's Brand)
1. Place flour, salt and green beans in a mixing bowl, giving a good stir to mix evenly.
2. Scald 120ml of green bean soup in a sauce pot till warmed. Pour into a bowl and add sugar to stir in till melted. Add remaining cold green bean soup/dessert and stir evenly.
Finally sprinkle yeast on top and leave it aside for 5 mins. The yeast will foam in the bowl. Means its ready for use.
This is how it looks like..bubbles on the top may appear.
3. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in yeast water.
4. Using a spatula, slowly mix in flour with the yeast.
5. Pour sunflower oil into the flour mix and slowly knead till it forms into light and smooth dough.
6. Shape it into desired shapes and place into pans/loaf tins.
7. Spray water mist on the top and sprinkle some white sesame seeds over it. Cover the dough with a damp cloth.
8. Leave it to prove for at least 45 minutes or when its doubled in size
I shaped into balls of 30g and place into the centre of a disposal aluminium dish
Before and After photos shows before proving, after proving
This was shaped into a long loaf pan. Make deep cuts on the top, spray water and sprinkle Baby Oats on top.
9. Baked in preheated oven 220C for 25 minutes. Remove to cool and serve as you like it.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1