Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Fruit & Nut Bread Loaf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Breads from all over
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina
super Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Fruit & Nut Bread Loaf Reply with quote

I seemed to be frantically baking bread lately. I find it more therapeutic than cake making. At least I can just leave it aside to work its own magic than to sit and watch it and meddle with it. After all, folks at home prefer bread over cakes now.

I don't use fancy recipes but re-work that No-Knead bread recipe instead. Seems to work wonderfully too. Even though the recipe says its "No Kneading" required, I have use the KitchenAid mixer to do some serious kneading. Bread came out perfectly soft. Happiness..!

Just out of the oven.

When its cooled and sliced..

Makes 2 loaves (350g each)
Ingredients
500g Bread Flour(I use Blue Jacket Bread Flour)
1 tsp sea salt(fine)

30g Butter(salted, softened in room temperture)

30g Golden Sultanas
30g Dried Black currants(if not, you can use Raisins)
30g Sweetened Orange Peels
30g Almond Flakes * you can use chopped pecans or walnuts if you preferred that

Yeast mixture:
250ml Lukewarm water
1 tbsp Active Dry Yeast
2 tbsp fine sugar

Method
1. In a cup add sugar to the lukewarm water to stir till sugar melts.
2. Sprinkle yeast over the top and stir it in. Leave it aside for 5 minutes or until it foams.
3. In a mixer, add flour and salt and whisk awhile to mix it evenly.
4. using a dough hook, turn on the mixer and slowly pour in the yeast mixture. Allow the mixer to knead till the dough comes together.
5. Add in all the fruits and nuts and continue to knead for 1 minute.
6. Lastly add the butter and continue to knead till the dough leaves the sides of the bowl without sticking.
7. Instead of flooring the table with bread flour, I use Sunflower oil to coat the table and kneaded the dough into the shapes I like.
8. I divided the dough into half and place each dough in a loaf pan that was previously greased with oil and dusted with flour.*
9. Spray the top with water and leave it aside in a warmed place to prove for at least 45 minutes. It should double in size.

*this is purely to allow the bread to form a nice and lightly brown crust at the bottom of the pan as that is not exposed to the oven heat.

10. Baked in a preheated oven set at 180C for 40 minutes.
11. Remove to cool completely before slicing.

Good to eat on its own, or just with fresh cherry tomatoes, cheese and ham. Its so good that my hubby ate half a loaf after dinner..!

The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Breads from all over All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: