Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:48 am Post subject: Wine Jelly Shots (rec n pic)
Rose brand Agar Agar Powder. This is best for my jelly Shots.
You have to make the jelly shots ahead of time. At least 4 to 5 hours before adding the wine.
5g agar agar powder (about 1 tsp)
150g fine sugar
10g konnyaku powder (about 1.5 tsp)
200ml Red Shiraz Wine
50g fine sugar(optional - I didnt add this..)
1. Boil A in a pot till agar agar powder has melted and the liquid is thick.
2. Pour liquid into the silicone moulds and leave it to set.
3. Once its set, remove the jelly shots glasses and leave it in the fridge.
4. In another pot, add B with konnyaku powder and whisk it in.
5. Put to the flame(stove) to heat up. Once the jelly powder has melted, and the wine liquid turns a little thick. Turn off the fire.
6. Remove from the stove to cool slightly before pouring it into the cooled jelly shot glasses.
7. Leave it in the fridge to chill for a good 2 to 3 hours and its ready to serve..!
You can omit wine and use fruit juices or non alcoholic drinks to replace.
I used konnyaku jelly powder for the wine was to make it a little wobbly and chewy in texture.
For the jelly shots I needed it to be firm and able to stand, so I used Agar Agar Powder.
Boiling the wine will make it loose the alcoholic 'nature'. Sugar is added(optional) if you have a sweet tooth. And only necessary if you subsititute wine with non alcoholic drinks.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1