Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:15 am Post subject: Chinese Pickles in Mee Siam sauce(recipe and pic)
this is the Chinese Rice Vinegar I used for making pickles
get the recipe for home made mee siam paste :
Recipe yields 400g of pickles
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
3 tbsp Mee siam paste(home made)
100ml Chinese Rice Vinegar
2 tbsp sesame oil
1. Cut cucumber into long strips(remove and discard the seeds)
2. Cut carrot into thin long strips.
3. In a bowl, add all the other seasonings together and stir till sugar dissolves.
4. Soak vegetables into seasoned sauce for 2 to 3 hours.
5. Consume cool.
1. To store, keep in a container with cover in the fridge.
2. Can keep for many days.
3. If you want it to be more spicy, cut 2 pcs of fresh chilli padi and add to it.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1