Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Sweet Potato Patties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Asian Vegetables with Meat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piggish
lurker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Sweet Potato Patties Reply with quote

This is something i came up with weeks back using what was available in my kitchen [coz i was too lazy to do grocery shopping]. Made them again for a party and they were snapped up before i remembered to take photos..muz try to remember next time. Embarassed

Ingredients:
200g Minced pork(chicken/beef)
About 4 Sweet potatoes
Soy Sauce
Sesame Oil
a pinch of Salt
Pepper
Garam Masala
Tumeric
About 10 Curry leaves (optional)
1 Egg, beaten
Bread crumbs

Method:
1) Steam and mash sweet potato. Leave to cool
2)Marinate minced meat with soy sauce, sesame oil and spices for at least 1 hr. If using curry leaves, break the curry leaves into small bits and mix it in as well. [Sorry about the lack of specific quantities..coz i just added as i went along and didn't measure]
3) In a large bowl, mix mashed sweet potato and minced meat. Shape into balls or patties.
4) Dip balls into egg and dredge through bread crumbs
5) Deep fry till golden

Note: the patties can always be coated with batter instead of bread crumbs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Asian Vegetables with Meat All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: