Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:52 am Post subject: Orange Light Cheesecake(recipe and pic)
|recipe was actually taken from this link
I modified it to use Orange juice and zest.
200g cream cheese(I use Philly cream cheese)
3 eggs (separated)
80g caster sugar(I used less this time)
30g cornflour (cornstarch)
2 tbsp fresh orange juice
1 tbsp Orange zest(chopped finely)
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Method:(notes are taken directly from the website link)
1.Pre-heat the oven to 175C (350F) or gas mark 4.
2. Line a 7 inch (18cm) cake tin with greaseproof paper.
3. Soften the cream cheese with milk in a bowl.
4. Add half of the caster sugar, egg yolks, cornflour, orange juice, zest and cream of tartar and combine together.
5. Place the egg whites in a large bowl, whisking them until they form stiff peaks and then keep whisking, adding the remaining sugar in 2 - 3 batches until the mixture stands in stiff peaks.
6. Fold the half of the egg white mixture into the cream cheese mixture as gently as possible, then fold in the remaining egg white mixture gently but thoroughly.
7. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin and level the surface. Put the tin into a larger roasting tin and create a bain-marie by pouring boiling water in the roasting tin.
8. Bake on the lower shelf in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Leave in the tin until cool enough to handle.
I didn't do the glaze as I find that it makes the cake wet and too sweet. I prefer it to be less sweet. not so sinful
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1