Joined: 08 Mar 2005
|Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:59 pm Post subject: Vegetarian Prawn Ball
|This is from my vegetarian class by Mdm Ee Kim San
250 g carrots (boiled & mashed)
250 g potatoes (boiled & mashed)
40 g cornflour
60 g plain flour or self-raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
250 g of bread crumbs
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp pepper
Oil for deep frying
1. In a mixing bowl, put in mashed carrots and potatoes mix them well.
2. Mashed carrots can drain it, but not too dry.
3. Add cornflour and plain flour to the mixture, then mix it well.
4. Mix it in a circle form, knead it too, then add in pepper, sesame oil, salt, sugar, continue to mix all together.
5. Put a spoon in a small bowl, prepare to use the spoon to scoop up the mixture in a ball form, then put the spoon back to the bowl of water.
6. If you find the ball too soft, add a bit more flour to the mixture again.
7. Let the ball roll over the bread crumb, e.g put the ball in between the crumbs, then use 2-hands to roll the ball.
8. Once all the ball is coated with bread crumbs, put in a plate wait for deep frying.
9. Put Oil in the wok, once the oil is boiled, off the fire, put half portion of the coated balls into the wok, then turn on the fire - set to medium - stir the oil slowly.
10. Once the balls start to float, turn the fire to high, then scoop them up to drain off the oil.
11. After oil have been drained off, put the balls on the plate, it ready to be serve.
Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
|Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:44 pm Post subject:
|Thanks for the recipe, jingle26. Made this a few weeks ago for my vegetarian friends. We all liked it. The only change I made was using corn flakes instead of breadcrumbs for coating cos at the very last minute discovered that my breadcrumbs had tuna oil as part of the ingredients!! Had to be creative! Will definitely be making this again..