Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:05 pm Post subject: Meat stew for toddlers
|This was something my aunt (who lives in California, USA) used to teach my mom to make for my 2 girls. I don't really have a name for it. But its very much like a beef stew to me.
My mom used to make this and freezed it and would give my girls for dinner at least 3 times a week. We had a taste of it, it was very tasty and sweet even though there was no seasoning added. our girls grew up on porridge for lunch and this beef stew for dinner. At a young age, they got accustomed to eating different types of food..not just porridge and cereal.
This recipe make 5 packs of dinner meals.
500 g Beef Chuck Tender(cut into cubes)
5 red tomatoes(quartered, remove seeds, stem)
1. In a large pot, add water to boil.
2. Add all the vegetables to cook.
3. Add beef cubes to simmer for 20 mins.
4. Turn off fire.
5. Sieve and drain ingredients and blend till smooth.
6. Divide portions to 5 equal containers(or use ziplock bags).
7. Do not throw away the stock. But keep in a container and freeze it.
8. U can use this stock for making creamy soup for your older kids or even for the rest of the family members.
How to serve:
1. Take each pack from the freezer to thaw in room temp for about 1 hour.
2. Take out the contents and place in a small pot for steaming.
3. Steam on high heat for 10 mins.
4. Let it cool before serving your toddler.
You can use lean pork or chicken(minus the skin) for this meat stew. However, do not use seafood like prawns, crabs, squids or even FISH. As Fish is best eaten fresh..not cooked, and frozen.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1